FIVERR DOLLARS – $50 – $100 A DAY
Great Father of the Groom Toasts For the Rehearsal Dinner
Traditionally the bride’s parents paid for the wedding ceremony & the groom’s parents hosted the rehearsal dinner. If that’s how your son’s wedding is arranged, you may discover yourself needing to open the dinner with a toast. While it may make you nervous, remember that we often don’t hear lots about the groom at the wedding. So, it’s a tremendous gift for you to speak about this wonderful man who is your son. So, what to say that’s enough & not too much? There are a lot of suggestions here, yet you want to keep your toast fairly short: the wait staff is waiting to serve & people are hungry. This is often the meal that will begin people getting acclimated to the correct time zone for the wedding.
Welcome everyone to the meal & the begin of this tremendous celebration.
- Your family may not have gathered for a while, so it’s nice to be together again.
- Offer a particular welcome to the bride’s family & look forward to getting to know one another better through the years.
- Welcome entirely the family friends on both sides who have traveled to witness this wonderful occasion.
- And then say hello to entirely the friends of the bride & groom who have gathered to celebrate their friends.
Say how pleased you are that your son has chosen to marry such a wonderful woman.
- Talk a little bit about the wonderful qualities you’ve noticed in your son’s fiancée.
- Tell them that you’re looking forward to her becoming a member of your family.
Tell them how wonderful your son is & how proud you & his mom are of your son.
- It’s OK to speak just one of your children, because this event is just about him.
- It’s a wonderful time to tell your son that you’re proud to be his parents.
Say how much you’re looking forward to the entire weekend, their pleased marriage & the shared years ahead of you. Hoist your glass, & sit down & enjoy the dinner & your friends, both old & new.
Note: if you & your son’s mom are divorced, it’s still really important to acknowledge that the two of you brought this wonderful man into the world. There’s nothing odder than parents pretending that they have no past together despite fabulous children. At some point the two of you loved one another enough to create this tremendous son. Your ex was there when this child was brought into the world. You can afford to be generous & you may even allow the wedding to move you into a place of greater peace with one another. After all, there may be grandchildren ahead; no one wants to miss birthdays because you can’t figure out how to speak to one another. You don’t lose anything, ever by being generous. Your new spouses need to figure this out too, because they benefit from peace as well. And it will make entirely your children sigh with relief as you acknowledge the reality of the family they grew up in.